Second Opinions

Solicitors and barristers are all highly trained and they do a great job. If you have a question about your case you should always go to the lawyer representing you first. Sometimes you need some reassurance that your current lawyer is doing the job properly; sometimes you are not sure and you might need a change.

If you already have a solicitor or a barrister but you want a second opinion on your driving case I can help. Contact me for more information. I can review the case and give you full written advice.

I Will Give a Second Opinion on all Driving Cases

  • Police station advice
  • Magistrates’ court cases
  • Magistrates’ court trials
  • Magistrates’ court guilty pleas
  • Exceptional hardship
  • Special reasons
  • Crown Court cases
  • Appeals to the Crown Court
  • Crown Court trials
  • Crown Court guilty pleas
  • Advice about sentence

What I Will Do

Every case is different. The list will change from one case to the next.

  • Take your instructions
  • Review the evidence from the police or the prosecutor
  • Review the statements and papers that have been sent to you or your lawyer
  • Review the advice that you have been given by your solicitor or barrister
  • View any CCTV or photographs
  • Review the advice that you have been given about plea
  • Review the advice that you have been given about sentence
  • Give you advice about the strength of the evidence against you
  • Give you advice about any defences that you have
  • Give you guidance about your chances of winning a trial
  • Advise you about pleading guilty or not guilty
  • Tell you about credit for a guilty plea
  • Tell you about the costs risks
  • Give you detailed advice about the whole case
  • Advise you if you need witnesses
  • Advise you if you need expert evidence
  • Tell you about the maximum sentence and the most likely sentence
  • If you have been convicted; give you advice about an appeal
  • If you have been sentenced give you advice about an appeal

If I think that the advice from you current solicitor is correct, I will tell you. If the advice is wrong or if I see your case a different way I will tell you too.

No Substitute for Experience

I specialise in representing drivers accused of motoring offences. I have many years of experience representing clients in the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court. All solicitors are authorised to appear in the Magistrates’ Court but I have two extra qualifications:

  • Member of the Law Society Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme – an award that is only given to solicitors who have reached a required standard and level of experience in the Magistrates’ Court.
  • Higher Rights of Audience – means that I am authorised to appear in the Crown Court. Most solicitors are not allowed to appear in Crown Court trials. Traditionally that is a job that only barristers are allowed to do.

Unsure If You Need a Second Opinion?

Before you decide if you need a solicitor, call me or request a call back under no obligation.


A Land Rover approaches Ribblehead Viaduct by John Lucas / CC-BY