Have you been accused of causing serious injury by dangerous driving? Call 0330 111 6074 for free initial advice and help from a specialist motoring offence solicitor.
Even minor road accidents can sometimes result in serious injury. If the Court decide that you were driving dangerously the consequences are a ban of 2 years or more and up to 5 years in prison.
If the police have accused you of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and you want to challenge the case against you, I may be able to help. If you are thinking of pleading guilty to causing serious injury by dangerous driving and you want advice, I can help with that too.
Do Not Confuse With
- Careless driving
- Inconsiderate driving
- Driving without due care and attention
- Dangerous driving
- Reckless driving
- Wanton or furious driving
- Causing serious injury by dangerous driving
Penalties for Causing Serious Injury by Dangerous Driving
The maximum sentence for causing serious injury by dangerous driving is:
- 5 years in prison
- A minimum driving disqualification of 2 years and an extended retest
Crown Court or Magistrates’ Court?
Causing serious injury by dangerous driving trials and guilty pleas can be dealt with in the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court.
Things I Look Out For in a Causing Serious Injury by Dangerous Driving Case
- Is there any evidence that the accused was driving
- Errors in procedure by the police
- Errors in procedure by the prosecution
- Can the prosecution prove that the standard of driving fell far below that of a competent driver
- If the standard of driving fell below the standard of a competent driver but no far below is it really careless driving
- Is it possible to negotiate a charge of careless or inconsiderate driving
- Was the level of injury serious
- Did the driver actually cause the serious injury
- Are there any breaks in the chain of causation between the driving and the death
Find Out More
- Legal advice for a police interview
- Taking a case to trial in the Magistrates’ Court or the Crown Court
- How I can help with a guilty plea in the Magistrates’ Court or the Crown Court
- Appeals to the Crown Court against conviction and sentence
- Second opinions
- Great value fixed fees
Unsure If You Need Legal Representation For Causing Serious Injury by Dangerous Driving?
Before you decide if you need a solicitor, call me or request a call back under no obligation.CALL: 0330 111 6074
Photo Birmingham Crown Court by Elliott Brown